Refund PolicyOnce a person begins the Defensive Driving course and/or Defensive Driving Course is not completed 7 days prior to court date, the school fee may not be refunded.
School fee is non refundable unless fine is paid to court.
Other fees will be handled in accordance with the AOC guidelines below:
State Fee, State Surcharge and Court Diversion Fee
- Once a person begins a defensive driving course, classroom or ADM, the state fee, court diversion fee and state surcharge are non-refundable except as set forth in this subsection. An ADM school shall not refund the state fee or state surcharge for any student failing the required test but shall forward the state fee and state surcharge to the Arizona Supreme Court.
- A school shall provide a refund of court diversion, state fees and the state surcharge when:
- A student pre-pays for a defensive driving course, does not begin the course and does not contact the school to reschedule for a future course. The school shall refund the court diversion fee, state fee and state surcharge 30 days after the scheduled defensive driving course date or upon notification from the student that the student will not attend a course, whichever is first;
- An officer fails to file a citation with a court and the cited person attends a defensive driving course for that citation. Upon notification by the jurisdictional court, the school shall notify division staff that a refund is requested. Upon written approval by division staff, the school shall refund the court diversion, state fee and state surcharge to the student; or
- A citation is dismissed by a jurisdictional court on its own motion, for technical problems not correctable under civil traffic rules of court.
- Refund of the court diversion fee, state fee or the state surcharge shall result in restoration of the student's eligibility for a defensive driving course.
- Refund of state fees and state surcharges to a school or a student is not permitted for an ineligible violation or an ineligible student who attends a defensive driving course, whether by fault of the student or school.
- At its discretion, a court may direct the refund of a court diversion fee to a student, or may direct the school to forward the fee to the court for a bond or other amount due the court, up to the amount of the default for the citation.